9:54 PM Eastern Time
Sunday, April 16, 2006

 

Cole slaw

This morning my one mom (with the comfy lap) woke up my other mom (with the tasty hair) earlier than usual. My mom with the good lap had to go to work earlier. Apparently some guy came back after no one saw him for three days, which is within normal limits for a cat, but for humans it's weird. Which means my mom with the good lap gets up earlier, which means I GET BREAKFAST EARLY.

So my mom with the good lap woke up my mom with the tasty hair and gave her a container of stuff. I know from Charlie and Lucy that this stuff isn't good to eat, so I didn't bother so much with it.

But then I saw that it had COLE SLAW IN IT, and I got very interested.

I got booted off the bed by my mom with the tasty hair. Then my mom with the good lap picked up my food dish (it was, after all, TIME FOR BREAKFAST) and I followed her into the kitchen. But I only followed her just enough to make both my moms think that I was actually more interested in boring old turkey and giblets than in COLE SLAW. And I ran back and forth from the kitchen to the bedroom once or twice, just enough to make my moms still believe I was getting worked up for the turkey and giblets.

But then I JUMPED ON THE BED when my mom with the tasty hair was rubbing the sleep from her eyes, and I set about the cole slaw. I got a few good nibbles before my mom with the tasty hair GRABBED ME UNDER THE ARMPITS AND CARRIED ME TO THE KITCHEN. So I squirmed a lot, which usually works, but this morning it didn't.

The siren song of the cole slaw was PRACTICALLY UNBEARABLE but my moms didn't care. My mom with the good lap carried the turkey and giblets to the bedroom. My mom with the tasty hair carried me to the bedroom. Tragically, I forgot about the cole slaw JUST LONG ENOUGH FOR IT TO DISAPPEAR and all I had to eat were stupid turkey and giblets.

I do not think the cole slaw will come back in three days, because three days from now is when my moms take the paper snacks outside and I never see those again anyway.

I do not like this idea that suffering is a part of life. My moms each have their own idea about where suffering comes from. Personally, I think suffering comes from DENIAL OF COLE SLAW.

Labels: