9:34 PM Eastern Time
Monday, January 01, 2007

 

My sweet tooth

My mom with the tasty hair has a sweet tooth. She likes all sorts of things with sugar in them, especially ICE CREAM and DONUTS. My mom with the comfy lap does not really care for very sweet things most of the time. Sometimes, though, she does like to have things like ICE CREAM and DONUTS.

(Both of my moms are very skinny. I do not know how they do it.)

ICE CREAM is something I also like, especially the kind that is MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP. Lucky for me, this is also the absolute favorite of my mom with the tasty hair. Sometimes my moms will have some ICE CREAM while watching television, and they will absent-mindedly put their bowls on the floor when they are finished. This gives me unrestricted access to MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP and so forth, until it is all CATS DO NOT GET ICE CREAM and then I have to scurry off into another room to lick my nose a lot.

My one mom, with the tasty hair, also likes to BAKE STUFF. My mom with the comfy lap likes to BAKE STUFF too, but not nearly as much as my mom with the tasty hair. My moms have learned that if they leave anything covered in tin foil out overnight, I will SINK MY LITTLE FANGS INTO IT while they sleep. So usually they hide the tin foil (and whatever is under it) before going to bed, and they almost never leave anything uncovered if they think I might investigate it in the night.

The other day my mom with the comfy lap decided to BAKE STUFF, namely a CAKE. Then my moms went out and left the CAKE here. My mom with the comfy lap did not cover the CAKE, nor did she hide the CAKE or otherwise place it out of my reach. No, my mom with the comfy lap LEFT THE CAKE UNCOVERED ON THE STOVE.

So naturally I hopped up on the counter to check it out.



Not only did it look very interesting, but it also smelled very interesting. So I nibbled at one corner daintily. Still interesting! So I nibbled at it some more, and some more, and some more, until I shaved off the top of a whole serving of CAKE.

My moms were definitely not pleased when they got home. It was all CAT, THAT CAKE IS SUPPOSED TO GO TO WORK WITH YOUR ONE MOM and CATS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO LIKE SUGAR and HONEY, WHY IS THE CAT SO BIZARRE?

What my moms do not know is that I happen to know that it is almost time for BIRTHDAY. This time it belongs to my mom with the tasty hair. And I also know that some things belong to BIRTHDAY, such as CAKE, ICE CREAM, and BALLOONS. Oh, I am going to be a very happy creature very soon.

My moms also do not know that I am very interested in SCIENCE. According to SCIENCE, cats do not care about SUGAR.

Obviously they did not ask the right cats.

Labels:


Comments:
Josie, Manders wants to know if you've ever had cornbread. It's one of Manders' favorites, but it's even more fun to shred to pieces than it is to eat.

Also, please let THM know that I really enjoyed chatting with her, too, although I think it may have provoked a dream about an earthquake.
 
I have indeed eaten CORNBREAD but I am afraid I disagree with Manders on the relative fun values of EATING versus PLAYING WITH.

Unless my moms put the CORNBREAD on a string, I much prefer eating it to playing with it.
 
Josie, dear - WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! You must be rather inexperienced at being a cat. Just one corner? No, one really must graze here and there over the entire exposed surface. After you daintily graze to the extent you don't care for more cake, you really must play with the rest in the pan. It's quite fun to see how far you can flip pieces. You need a mentor. I can help!

Be of good cheer,

Quadrupet
 
Post a Comment



<< Home