12:54 AM Eastern Time
Friday, January 04, 2008

 

Exodus

There has been a lot of UPHEAVAL in my world.

First, the kitten is taking up a lot more room inside my mom with the tasty hair. I am definitely no longer allowed on her lap. This is very unfortunate because HER LAP IS GETTING A WHOLE LOT MORE COMFY. Thinking that perhaps my mom with the comfy lap would likewise acquire tastier hair, I have been sampling her hair every now and then. But her hair still tastes the same.

Second, my moms spent a lot of time over the past several weeks PACKING THINGS IN BOXES. This disrupted my routine greatly. All of a sudden the house was full of BOXES where formerly it was full of PLACES FOR ME TO BE. The upside of this was that I was allowed to be in places where formerly I was not allowed to be. My moms initially attempted to enforce all the normal rules, but soon they decided IT WAS FUTILE BECAUSE WE WERE LEAVING.

I tried to make friends with the BOXES. I like to show my affection by EATING THE TAPE OFF THEM, but this whole thing was just too stressful and I could not even concentrate on that.

Earlier this week MOVERS TOOK ALL THE STUFF AWAY. I was shuttled back and forth between the bathroom and my BIG WIRE CAGE so that I would not get in their way. That day was full of all my biggest stressors--NOISE, STRANGERS, CHANGES IN MY ENVIRONMENT, and THE VACUUM CLEANER. But I was not the only one who was traumatized. Neither of my moms does well with CHANGE either.

After the movers were done we went to this place which my moms call EXTENDED STAY. My moms are not too fond of this lodging, but at least they are more relaxed and THAT MAKES ME RELAXED TOO. I am told this is our home for a week, and then we will be going to a place called MASSACHUSETTS. I have never seen MASSACHUSETTS. Apparently MASSACHUSETTS has a lot of snow, which makes my mom with the tasty hair very happy. I remember snow from when we lived in OHIO. I used to like to watch the little white bugs fall from the sky. But I was never able to catch them, because I was INSIDE and they were OUTSIDE.

So I am pretty sure there is a LONG CAR TRIP IN MY FUTURE. I like car trips, as long as they do not terminate at the vet. I like to hang out in my BIG WIRE CAGE and watch the trucks out the back windshield, but mostly I like to sleep. This will be my second LONG CAR TRIP ever, but this time we will get to visit the parents of my mom with the tasty hair. I am very excited about this. My first LONG CAR TRIP did not involve any other members of my FAN CLUB. With this to look forward to, I might almost be okay with hiding under a different bed every night for a week.

Labels:


Comments:
Manders thinks that snow is one big litter box.
 
Josie,
You surely had a lot to get off your chest in this post. I hope you are feeling better about the UPHEAVAL.
I look forward to reading about the long car trip and your new abode.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home